Desk Space is a premium free and feature rich WordPress theme.
It comes with a robust set of built in features and plugins, including the ability to switch out the background wood finish color to one you like.
Everything you see in this demo is using built in plugins.
- Built in plugins for Twitter, Flickr, Recent Comments, Comment Editor, and Shadowbox.
- Built in google adsense strip. Just paste in your client ID in the theme options page.
- Built in feedburner linkage. Just paste in your feedburner ID in the theme options page.
- Comments and Trackbacks are seperated. (example)
- Gravatar support.
- Widget ready.
- Background image wood finish color choice. See screenshots below.
- jQuery fancy pants effects like smooth scrolling
- Page template that includes comments.
- Attractive Printed Pages via print.css
- Sidebar profile with info that is pulled from the admin user account like the gravatar.
- IE6 compatible.
Theme Options & and Printed page
Nods, Props, Credits Etc
The background images are courtesy of Wolfgang Bartelme’s Solid Wood Devkit.
We love WordPress. But not in “that” kind of way.
The comment box editor is a built in WMD Editor plugin by Chad Coleman. Removed in Version 1.5
Shadowbox is also built in. Just add rel=”shadowbox” to any link tag. You can find more tricks on usage at the shadowbox site.
Download Desk Space
Theme Options Page Requires Saving For Theme To Work After Installation!
Due to so many comments coming in about the theme “not working” or “not showing posts”, I must make this a rather large note. After uploading and activating the theme, you must go to the sidebar in your admin center and click APPEARANCE > DESKSPACE OPTIONS and hit the save button. This writes the data to the database and presents the theme with your chosen options.
It launches. After one day, we received some constructive criticism via our twitter friends.
- “It sucks. Start over”. We’ll have to take that one with a grain of salt.
- “The background fading to white is a bit too stark.” So we figured we’ll update the file with a fixed background image. Which brings us to version 1.1 now available for download.
Applied a “fixed” background image. Let us know what you think.
Added max-width restriction to images used in posts.
Updated archive.php to inform the viewer what date, tag, or category they are viewing.
Version 1.5 June 16th, 2009
- Advanced Theme Settings Page
- New Front Page Layout Control: Default, Page or Blog Posts
- Page Navigation Tabs
- Threaded Comments
- Bug Fix Jan. 7th 2010 – We corrected the page inclusion in the theme options for the themes navigation.